By Judith E. Karp
This is a well timed compilation of latest recommendations within the molecular pathogenesis and molecular treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). the point of interest is on chosen serious molecular determinants of AML pathogenesis and pathophysiology and the exploitation of those elements by way of assorted healing brokers and modalities. there's an emphasis all through at the bidirectional move of information among the medical and laboratory arenas.
Read Online or Download Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology) PDF
Similar hematology books
VA scientific middle and the clinical university of Georgia, Augusta. experiences tools most precious for the analysis and administration of hematologic malignancies. equipment are awarded intimately for the professional researcher and the fewer skilled. DNLM: Lymphoma.
Animal welfare is attracting expanding curiosity world wide, yet really from these in constructed nations, who now have the data and assets so as to increase the welfare of cattle. The elevated consciousness given to farm animal welfare within the West derives principally from the truth that the relentless pursuit of ?
This e-book offers intimately with all elements of the easiest perform in smooth radiotherapy for Hodgkin lymphoma. It offers the heritage and intent for the inclusion of radiotherapy in today’s combined-modality process, together with certain scientific events resembling Hodgkin lymphoma in childrens, within the pregnant sufferer, and within the aged.
From an acclaimed writer within the box, it is a compelling examine of the origins and heritage of the disorder typically obvious as afflicting younger single ladies. realizing of the became puberty and virginity into health conditions, and Helen King stresses the continuity of this illness via history,depsite huge, immense shifts in scientific realizing and technonologies, and drawing parallels with the fashionable affliction of anorexia.
- Molecular Hematology
- Cytometric Analysis of Cell Phenotype and Function
- Cell Membrane. the Red Blood Cell as a Model
- Blood Smears Reinterpreted
- Practical flow cytometry in haematology diagnosis : 100 worked examples
- Bone Marrow Transplantation (Vademecum)
Extra resources for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology)
116. Thiede C, Steudel C, Mohr B, et al. Analysis of FLT3-activating mutations in 979 patients with acute myelogenous leukemia: association with FAB subtypes and identification of subgroups with poor prognosis. Blood 2002;99:4326-4335. 117. Gilliland DG, Griffin JD. Role of FLT3 in leukemia. Curr Opin HematoI2002;9:274-281. 118. Kiyoi H, Ohno R, Ueda R, Saito H, Naoe T. Mechanism of constitutive activation of FLT3 with internal tandem duplication in the juxtamembrane domain. Oncogene 2002;21:2555-2563.
184. Okuda K, Matulonis U, Salgia R, Kanakura Y, Druker B, Griffin JD. Factor independence of human myeloid leukemia cell lines is associated with increased phosphorylation of the proto-oncogene Raf-l. Exp HematoI1994;22:1111-1117. Chapter 1 I AML Treatment: Biological Perspective 23 185. Kang CD, Yoo SD, Hwang BW, et al. The inhibition of ERKIMAPK not the activation of JNK/SAPK is primarily required to induce apoptosis in chronic myelogenous leukemic K562 cells. Leuk Res 2000;24: 527-534. 186.
Phase I study of a farnesyl transferase inhibitor, R115777, in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood 2001 ;98:623. 133. Lancet IE, Karp IE, Gotlib J, et al. Zamestra (RI15777) in previously untreated poor-risk AML and MDS: Preliminary results of a phase II trial. Blood 2002;100:560a. 134. Zimmerman TM, Harlin H, Odenike OM, et al. Dose-ranging pharmacodynamic study oftipifamib (RI15777) in patients with relapsed and refractory hematological malignancies. J Clin Oncol 2004;22(23):4816-4822.
Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (Contemporary Hematology) by Judith E. Karp